It is my understanding, correct me if I’m wrong, that this land came through an inheritance from James Harrison Tabor to his daughter Sarah Jane. She and her husband Jacob Alexander Buckland lived on the site in a log home with their children. About 1924, L. W. Buckland, Sr. built the house for an estimated $6.000. After his death in 1967, the property was sold to Bernard Wallace and then to Robert and Margaret Buckland who own and live in the home until this day (2008).
Note the second picture has a brick stairway turned to the sides instead of leading straight to the front and the road. Very nicely done I would say.
- Grandmother and Granddaddy Buckland
- Buddy & Lucille Buckland, Ellis Gail & Larry
- Uncle Walter Lawrence, Aunt Bertha (that could be Jimmy above and Red?
- Aunt Frankie Graham
- Uncle Robert & Aunt Margaret, Cecil & Janice
- Uncle Charles Buckland and I think that could be Charles Allen in front of him.
- Upon closer look, I think I see Aunt Francis (Uncle Walter’s wife) and also Jessee Mchaffa.